Monday 2 February 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to 'On The Deuce' - a tennis blog created (for the most part) for my own personal diary of the ups and downs of being a (so I'm told) hardcore tennis fan. There'll be no attempt at serious dissections of technique or the game itself (I'm the first to admit, I just don't know enough) and I also make no apologies for being hopelessly biased towards the players I like (and the few I dislike). Hopefully, there'll also be links to tennis videos, tips on good matches to bet a few quid on, random scribblings about tennis and other thoughts, and some other bits and bobs.

With work (and today, the weather itself) snowing me under, I haven't been able to start this blog as early as I would have liked, so I'll kick off with a brief summary of the year's first Grand Slam event, the Australian Open, where Rafael Nadal and Serena Williams picked up the first majors of the year. Followed after by a closer (and better worded) introducion to myself and the players I'll be watching with interest this year. Kind of an arseways-to-backwards way to do things, I know, but I'm still getting the hang of it all (being something of a latecomer to the blogging community in general) - not to mention trying to get the look of the blog updated to exactly how I want it (with my perfectionist streak, not to mention my laughable lack of technical knowledge, this may take some time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment